3 July 2015

Top Five BDSM Romance Books

Hey everyone,

If you’ve been reading this blog for a while you’re probably aware that I like a little bit of kink in my romances, especially of the BDSM variety. Luckily for me since the phenomena of Fifty Shades these book abound, yet this abundance of BDSM romance books has caused another problem... The blight of the bad, ill-informed and frankly mundane BDSM romance book. So to help out my fellow kink lovers I’ve decided to compile of list of my Top Five BDSM romance books. Enjoy!

Axel’s Pup by Kim Dare



Set in a world where wolves are treated as second class citizens by humans, Kim Dare does a fantastic job of portraying a relationship between a human dominate and a wolf submissive. Axel’s Pup is a merging of cultures as well as an exploration into what D/s means in this environment. Probably one of the best books I’ve read for many years this paranormal m/m is a must read!

The Accidental Call Girl by Portia Da Costa



I’ll be upfront and say that Portia Da Costa is not an author who usually works for me, normally because the BDSM is a little out of my comfort zone and I find the romance takes a back seat to the sex. Yet The Accidental Call Girl had me hooked from the start and I finished it within a day. The story starts with our hero mistaking our heroine for a high-class call girl, rather than correcting him our heroine comes along for the ride and is soon way other her head. A more informed and sexy Fifty Shades of Grey in my opinion!

Nowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan



I would argue that Nowhere Ranch is a little bit kinkier than the previous two books in its sexual content. Rather than focusing on ideas of domination, submission, pain and pleasure Heidi Cullinan goes beyond that and instead has produced a book that shows the amount of trust it takes to reveal you’re deepest darkest fantasies to someone. Both of the male leads in this book are a little wary of love and yet together than manage to create something beautiful and worthwhile.

Mastering A Sinner by Kate Pearce


A historical book about a female domme and her male submissive. Just read that sentence and embrace it. Mastering A Sinner is the third in a series and while it might be beneficial to read the previous books for context I muddled along just fine. It is also steaming hot and would advise against reading in a public place like I did...

Room At The Top by Jane Davitt & Alexa Snow



I adore this book and have already re-read it since first discovering it in December. When two submissive men fall in love they realise they want a Dom in their lives, but not a third person in their bed. Yet when their Dom moves away, replacing him turns out to be trickier than they’d thought and the two of them are getting desperate. Enter Liam, a friend of their former Dom, deliciously sexy and stern, ready to spank them into shape – and straight. Even now Im getting warm fuzzies about this book because it is just so good!

Happy reading everyone and see you next!

No comments:

Post a Comment